We are seeking a part time Administrative Assistant to support Pr. Bill Nelsen in his work with our Embrace God’s Mission + Equip God’s People Funding Initiative and our work with the Lilly Project.
Please share this information with people in your congregation who might be interested and able to move forward this important work.
We will be receiving resumes until Friday Jan. 8.
We are looking for someone who can come to the synod office in Redwood Falls on a weekly basis.
This is a part time position for 8-12 hours a week.
Since the formatting may be lost in this email, the position is also posted on our www.swmnelca.wordpress.com Faithful and Fruitful Blog.
If you have questions contact Bishop Jon Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipping Minister Administrative Assistant Job Description
Administrative Assistant to the Equipping Minister
Southwestern Minnesota Synod – ELCA
Redwood Falls, MN 56288, 507-637-3904 – www.swmnelca.org
December 14, 2015
The congregations and all the baptized who are the Southwestern Minnesota Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America are claimed by this mission: God places us in cities, farms and towns together under one prairie sky. The Risen Christ surprises us with opportunities to plant God’s Word in the world. Walking together in confidence, we cultivate life-giving congregations, nurture partner ministries, and cooperate in the life of the ELCA. By God’s grace, together we have what we need.
Office Ministry Vision
We serve and steward the life of the synod to deepen the ministry and mission of the baptized, congregations, institutions and rostered leaders as we follow Jesus Christ in a way that is…authentic, available and affirming.
The Administrative Assistant to the Equipping Minster supports our work on the Economic Challenges of Pastors Grant from Lilly and the Embrace God’s Mission + Equip God’s People Funding Initiative. We expect our staff to foster a hospitable culture and supporting ministry teams as assigned.
As a result of this ministry
- We move forward the work of the Lilly Grant during the next three years.
- We move forward in our three year funding initiative called Embrace God’s Mission + Equip God’s People.
- People’s gifts and talents are recognized and utilized in meaningful ways.
- Volunteers and staff serve the work of funding new ways to be synod together.
- Administrative Assistant to the Bishop
- Manage general correspondence, gathering and researching data, setting up individual and group gatherings, follow-up administration
- Keeping the Equipping Ministers’s calendar, arranging appointments, supporting the Equipping Minister in time management, making reservations, etc.
- Open, screen and route mail and email appropriately.
- Respond via email on behalf of the Equipping Minister when appropriate
- Initiate correspondence for the Equipping Minister or Lead Team’s approval:
- Thank you letters
- Anniversary letters, etc.
- Oversees management of funding initiative database.
- Tracks and communicates with action teams.
- Builds up our synod’s treasure hunting database.
- Liaison to Various committees, task forces and leadership teams
- Prepare correspondence, arrangements (order food/set up for meals and cleanup) and do filing for the Lilly Planning Group, Funding Initiative Lead Team and Action Groups serving the synod’s mission:
- keep files for upcoming agenda items for future meeting.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as the Lord of the Church
- In all matters maintain strict office confidentiality
- Understands the mission and structure of the ELCA and its local, synodical, regional, and churchwide expressions.
- Computer literacy and willingness to master new programs.
- Cooperative style of working
- Skill in composing letters/emails and editing
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationship with synod staff, committees and contacts
- Associate degree in accounting, business management, or related field.
- Working knowledge of computers, including word processing and database operations. Excellent keyboarding and grammatical skills.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively organize and prioritize work activities.
- Ability to maintain a positive, courteous working relationship with other staff and general public.
- Ability to articulately communicate ideas and information both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Experience in a general or church office setting desired, but not required.
The Administrative Assistant to the Equipping Minister is supervised by the Equipping Minister. Performance reviews will be shared annually with the bishop.
Qualities and Requirements
This ministry team will share the love of Christ, engaging, equipping and serving the rostered leaders and lay leaders of the synod to deepen the mission and ministry of Christ Jesus in the congregations and institutions of our synod. We will…
- share a commitment to Jesus Christ as the Lord of the Church.
- maintain in all matters office confidentiality and deal with issues and concerns directly with those involved.
- work to deepen understanding of the mission and structure of the ELCA and its local, synodical, regional, and churchwide expressions.
- be open to new ways of seeing and doing things and open to training in organizational, technical and communication systems.
- arrive on time for work and meetings, being well prepared to address the issues at hand.
- speak well of each other, to build up the body of Christ exhibiting a professional work ethic and positive attitude.
- commit to ongoing personal and professional growth.
- support a cooperative style of working honoring each other’s working style.
- maintain a cooperative working relationship with synod staff, committees and contacts Appreciate and affirm each other’s gifts
- affirm, encourage, pray for, and bless one another and the ministries each represents
Benefits and Wellness
- Part time staff are not benefitted.
- Quarterly ministry reviews for the first year. Then annual ministry reviews.
- Continuing education, support, and networking will be supported as supervisor decides.